As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
The Scarabée Roanne-Riorges has committed itself to the new Quality and Sustainable Development Certification proposed by France Congrès.
The Scarabée successfully fulfilled the 25 requirements in the charter: important criteria for hosting conventions and meetings based on three major themes:
- Acting positively to preserve the environment
- Communicating and increasing awareness about ecological responsibility
- Supporting customers to ensure the success of the event
The Scarabée Roanne-Riorges highlighted its many assets, such as:
- Control of energy within the building: use of low consumption bulbs, control and regulation of the air-conditioning system through centralised technical management ensuring optimised energy consumption, the building's new heating system which reduces energy and water consumption.
- Waste management: collection points for waste sorting are installed in the Convention Centre's visitor traffic areas and at the disposal of organizers, participants and exhibitors.
- Overall event management: advise and support event organizers, propose package offers (decors, signage, seminar package, design package, catering packages, etc.)
- Promotion of "soft" transport in Scarabée Roanne-Riorges through a "Good Practices
Guide" aimed at organizers and exhibitors, and which is available on the Scarabée's website.
This commitment reflects of the Centre's overall environmental policy, with the objective being to obtain ISO 14 001 certification for the Scarabée by the end of 2012.