As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
The Paris City Council voted today, Tuesday, 11 May, to grant the emphyteutic lease for the Palais Brongniart to GL events Group for 30 years, confirming the choice of the Special Commission. This lease will take effect on 1 July 2010.
Establishing Palais Brongniart as a hub for new forms of sustainable and socially responsible entrepreneurship
In line with priorities defined by the City of Paris, GL events Group had developed for Palais Brongniart an ambitious partnership project addressing three objectives:
- Transform this symbol of finance as the site of the former Paris stock exchange into an international showcase for socially responsible entrepreneurship, innovation and business creation, reflecting the evolving priorities of the 21st century;
- Open up the Palais Brongniart and contribute to its reappropriation by the general public, particularly the immediate neighbourhood and the inhabitants of the capital within the framework of a full-fledged harmonious urban development project;
- Rehabilitate this major Paris landmark in a manner that respects its specific architectural features while ensuring its exemplary nature as a model for energy efficiency and respect of the environment.
The Palais Brongniart will include more than 18,000 m² dedicated to socially responsible economic innovation with office space, facilities for receptions and events in addition to services for the general public.
An exemplary partnership united around a common project, prestigious participants and events.
For this project, GL events brought together key actors from the world of economic innovation, social responsibility and business that will contribute by their installation at the Palais Brongniart or their participation in development programmes and events of the site, in the emergence of a true hub for new forms of entrepreneurship:
- Vigeo, headed by Nicole Notat, a leading provider of extra-financial analysis and corporate social responsibility rating services;
- France Initiative, headed by Bernard Brunhes, the leading network providing financing support and assistance to entrepreneurs in France;
- Silicon Sentier, a hub for exchange grouping 100 technology companies responsible for such innovative initiatives as the co-working space, La Cantine;
- Les Echos, the leading French economic and financial media group;
- Gesat, the leading national network for sheltered work, the interface between companies and the organisation in France representing disabled workers, ESAT for vocational and rehabilitation training;
- The architectural firm Willemotte, that will be responsible for the site's rehabilitation and design;
- World-renowned chef, Marc Veyrat, who will develop around the Palais Brongniart an organic fast food concept in line with initiatives launched by the Slow Food organisation, also a partner of the project.
By drawing on the energies and creative resources of these partners, GL events intends to bring together and leverage the contributions of the different players and initiatives of members from the world of socially responsible economics by developing a targeted program of meetings, colloquiums and events.
GL events reinforces its position as a manager of high content venues while further expanding its network of sites in Paris
With the inauguration of the Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild in September, positive growth trends for the Brussels Convention Centre and full-year contributions from The World Forum Congress Centre of The Hague, the Amiens Mégacité Exhibition and Convention Centre and the Palais de la Mutualité in Paris, the Palais Brongniart further contributes to the solid foundations for the development of Venue Management and Events in 2010 and the years ahead.
Positive trends for venue management and international activities provide grounds for confidence that the Group will achieve its goal of accelerating its expansion in the coming quarters and sustained growth in 2010.
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20