As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
The Saint-Étienne Convention Centre has committed itself to the new Quality and Sustainable Development Certification proposed by France Congrès.
The audit and recommendations were completed at the Convention Centre on 19 May 2011 by Bureau Véritas Certification.
The Convention Centre successfully fulfilled the 25 requirements in the charter: important criteria for hosting conventions and meetings based on three major themes:
- Acting positively to preserve the environment
- Communicating and increasing awareness about ecological responsibility
- Supporting customers to ensure the success of the event
The Convention Centre highlighted its many assets, such as:
- Control of energy within the building: use of low consumption bulbs, control and regulation of the air-conditioning system through centralised technical management ensuring optimised energy consumption, the building's new heating system which reduces energy and water consumption.
- Waste management: collection points for waste sorting are installed in the Convention Centre's visitor traffic areas and at the disposal of organizers, participants and exhibitors.
- Overall event management: advise and support event organizers, propose package offers (decors, signage, seminar package, design package, catering packages, etc.)
- Promotion of "soft" transport in Saint-Étienne and at the Espace Fauriel through a "Good Practices Guide" aimed at organizers and exhibitors, and which is available on the Convention Centre's website.
This commitment reflects of the Centre's overall environmental policy, with the objective being to obtain ISO 14 001certification for the Convention Centre by the end of 2012.