As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
The Special Commission created by the City of Paris for the management of Palais Brongniart, the former location of the Paris stock exchange, today announced its selection of GL events Group, after examining the different proposals. This selection will soon be submitted to the Paris City Council for the signature of an emphyteutic lease destined to take effect on 1 July 2010.
Establishing Palais Brongniart as a hub for new forms of sustainable and socially responsible entrepreneurship
In line with priorities defined by the City of Paris, GL events Group has developed for Palais Brongniart an ambitious partnership project addressing three objectives:
- Transform this symbol of finance into a showcase for socially responsible entrepreneurship, innovation and business creation, reflecting the evolving priorities of the 21st century;
- Open up the Palais Brongniart and contribute to its reappropriation by the general public, particularly the immediate neighborhood and the inhabitants of the capital within the framework of a full-fledged harmonious urban development project;
- Rehabilitate this major Paris landmark in a manner that respects its specific architectural features while ensuring its exemplary nature as a model for energy efficiency and respect of the environment.
The Palais Brongniart will include more than 18,000 m² dedicated to socially responsible economic innovation with office space, facilities for receptions and events and community services.
An exemplary partnership united around a common project, prestigious participants and events.
For this project, GL events has brought together key actors from the world of economic innovation, social responsibility and business that will contribute by their installation at the Palais Brongniart or their participation in development programmes and events of the site, in the emergence of a true hub for new forms of entrepreneurship:
- Vigeo, headed by Nicole Notat, a leading provider of extra-financial analysis and corporate social responsibility rating services;
- France Initiative, headed by Bernard Brunhes, the leading network providing financing support and assistance to entrepreneurs in France;
- Silicone Sentier, a hub for exchange grouping 100 technology companies responsible for such innovative initiatives as the co-working space, La Cantine;
- Les Echos, the leading French economic and financial media group
- Gesat, the leading national network for sheltered work, the interface between companies and the organization in France representing disabled workers, ESAT for vocational and rehabilitation training;
- The architectural firm Willemotte, that will be responsible for site's rehabilitation and design;
- World-renowned chef, Marc Veyrat, who will develop around the Palais Brongniart an organic fast food concept in line with initiatives launched by the Slow Food organization, also a partner of the project.
By drawing on the energies and creative resources of these partners, GL events intends to bring together and leverage the contributions of the different players and initiatives of members from the world of socially responsible economics by developing a targeted program of meetings, colloquiums and events.
GL events reinforces its position as a manager of high content venues while further expanding its network of sites in Paris
Following the Parc Floral, Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild and more recently the Palais de la Mutualité, the Palais Brongniart's addition further strengthens GL events' offering of exceptional venues in the heart of the French capital.
This project that will require a large range of expertise and the coordination of contributors, covering as well the creation of events, also reinforces the Group's business model as an integrated event industry provider.
GL events plans capital investments of €12 million over five years for the rehabilitation and development of Palais Brongniart plus €8 million for repairs over the duration of the lease
The Group anticipates annual revenue from this venue of more than €11 million following the launching phase.
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20