Corporate social responsibility is now well integrated in the Group’s different enterprise processes and business lines (business operations, purchasing, human resources, maintenance, etc.).
It is based on a dynamic structured approach organised around three programmes:
Think Green (environment), Think People (employment and workplace conditions), and Think Local (social progress).
These programmes are deployed through a continuous improvement approach, on a cross-functional level and taking into account the specific activities of the Group’s three business divisions (Live, Exhibitions and Venues).
Several long-term initiatives have been implemented destined to structurally consolidate the policy pursued over the last seven years.
- Governance: a dynamic CSR committee meeting five times during the year to adopt or update CSR Guidelines.
- Think People: two new flagship projects were launched focusing on “key positions” covering subsidiary managers / succession plans and the deployment of the e-campus in France and Brazil.
- Think Green: an investment in reusable carpeting and LED lighting for trade shows; the transition of eleven sites of GL events Venues to green electricity; the renewal of ISO14001 certification for GL events Venues France.
- Think Local: a study to test the value generated for the Nice Acropolis region.
RECOGNITION OF GL EVENTS’ CRS POLICY:
GAÏA INDEX ranking
- General rating: 81%
- General ranking: 35th / 230
- Ranking - “turnover above €500 million”: 27th / 83
- Ranking - category “service industry”: 18th / 92
To find out more about these schemes, click on the thumbnails below: