As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
|Net sales (€ millions)||2006||2005||Change|
GL events Group posted strong 25.7% growth in the 2006 first-quarter with sales advancing significantly to €126.4 million. At comparable structure and exchange rates, sales expanded 7.2%.
Venue and Events Management - significant revenue streams
€54.5 million or 43.1% of consolidated sales (versus 29.8% in the 2005 first-quarter)
+81.6% (+15.7% at comparable structure and exchange rates)
This division benefited from significant sales volumes generated by the strong first-quarter performances of the Padua and Budapest exhibition centres.
Noteworthy achievements in the first-quarter included:
- The organization of events for Major Accounts: Adidas France Gala Evening in Paris, Amnesty International Colloquium in Lyon, TOTAL Convention in Lyon, the meeting of PSA Group executives in Belfort, etc.
- The organization and hosting of events: A Feast the World Gastronomy Barcelona International Convention Centre (CCIB), etc.
Global Services - solid contributions to GL events results
€71.9 million or 56.9% of total sales
+1,9% (+1.5% at comparable structure and exchange rates)
Global Services also contributed to GL events' successful financial first-quarter performance. In addition to organic growth of 1.5%, this division enabled GL events to invoice additional services in part included under Venue and Events Management sales.
In early 2006, the Group participated in:
- Major sports events: Turin Olympic Games, the Six Nations Rugby Tournament, the Commonwealth Games in Melbourne, etc.
- Prestigious professional trade fairs: the 3GSM World Congress in Barcelona in February, the Lingerie Americas apparel trade show in New York, the Dubai Boat Show, the MIPIM trade show (for real estate professionals) in Cannes, the Djazagro 2006 International food and restaurant equipment show in Algiers, etc.
- Large public events: the Simple Minds Concert in Lyon, Foire de Lyon, etc.
After the successful addition of Rio de Janeiro to our destinations, the Group can today draw on its extensive experience and expertise in responding to calls for tender in France and other European countries in the Venue and Event Management sector. Other growth opportunities through strategic acquisitions will also be explored to strengthen the Event Organization activity.
The second quarter will also be marked by the Group's participation in many events:
- In Venue and Event Management at the Construma, the 25th international building trade exhibition organized by Hungexpo, the Foire de Toulouse in April, the Antiquaria fine art and antiques show in Padua, the EURO-PCR cardiology convention at the Porte Maillot Palais des Congrès in Paris, the convention of French mutual insurance companies at the new hall of the Lyon Exhibition Centre and at the end of June the 8th World Congress on Gastrointestinal Cancer in Barcelona.
- In Global Services for the Nogaro Grand Prix and the F1 Grand Prix of Barcelona (contract renewed until 2011), the Congress of the of the French labour union, the CGT in Lille, the Foire de Paris, the Cannes Film Festival, the Moscow World Fine Art Fair, 15 day Roland Garros tournament at the end of May or the FIFA World Cup.
In light of the strong growth of the first-quarter and the prospects for the first-half, management announces guidance for 2006 sales growth of more than 12%.
Annual shareholders' meeting: 19 May 2005, 11:00 a.m. Palais des Congrès, Lyon.
2006 second-quarter sales: 25 July 2006 (after the close of trading).
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581