As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
Summary of the information note drafted pursuant to Article L 621-8 of the French Monetary and Financial Code and regulation 98-02 modified by regulation 2000-06 (COB receipt no. 03-510 dated 3 June 2003) issued in view of the authorisation requested from Combined Annual and Extraordinary General Meeting of 20 June 2003 to initiate a share repurchase programme. This document was drafted by the issuer and incurs the responsibility of its signatories. The receipt does not imply approval of the share repurchase programme or authentication of the accounting and financial information presented.
I - Summary of the key features of the information
- "Générale Location" share listed on the Second Market of the Paris Stock Exchange - Euroclear Code 6667
- Maximum percentage of capital repurchase authorised by the General Meeting: 10%
- Maximum unit purchase price: 30 euros - Minimum unit sale price: 5 euros
- Maximum overall amount of the programme: 20 Million euros
- Objectives by order of priority:
> market operation in order to regulate the share price
> implementation of a financial and asset management policy
II - Objectives of the programme
The main objectives of the repurchase programme are, in order of priority
- to intervene in the market to regulate the stock price by buying and selling in the market depending on market conditions, or to regulate the share price by systematic counter-trend trading
- The implementation of an asset and financial management policy.
The asset and financial management policy implies, by descending order of priority:
- the delivery of shares as payment or exchange within the framework of possible external growth acquisitions;
- the allocation of shares to employees and / or officers of Générale Location and the Group as part of stock options purchase plans;
- the delivery of shares pursuant to the exercise of rights attached to securities giving the right to the allocation of company shares
- the conservation of shares repurchased or resulting from a financial transaction (merger, demerger, partial asset contribution).
The cancellation of shares is not envisaged.
III - Procedure
Générale Location would be authorised to acquire 10% of its capital, or 1,203,681 shares for a theoretical maximum amount of 36 110 430 euros.
Since Générale Location already holds 35,622 of its shares, representing 0.30% of its capital as at 31 March 2003, this would amount to acquiring at most up to 1,168,059 shares, or 9.7040% of the capital for the sum of €35,041,770. However, the repurchase programme will be limited to a total of €20,000,000.
The company intends to use the totality of the authorised programme and will not exceed, at any time, directly or indirectly, the legally authorised threshold of 10% of its capital.
Acquisitions may be made by any means, on the market or by mutual agreement, and by acquisition of blocks, in whole or in part.
This programme may only be exercised for a maximum of 18 months, or until 20 December 2004.
IV - Financial impact of the repurchase prtogramme
The company Générale Location intends to ensure the financing of repurchases using its own resources and through the use of short- or medium-term debt for additional needs that may exceed its self-financing capability. The self-financing capability from consolidated cash flow for the 2002 financial year amounted to 30.2 million euros and as at 31 December 2002 the consolidated net cash position amounted to 22.2 million euros, consolidated shareholders' equity was 93.2 million euros and consolidated debt net of cash was 55.3 million euros.
The share repurchase programme, with the exception of any results achieved from the resale of shares on the market, is not intended to diminish the number of shares in circulation by cancellation of the shares acquired. Indeed, the company does not intend to use Resolution No. 7 which gives the company the right to cancel the repurchased shares. Thus, it should not have a significant impact on the equity of the company.
The information note approved by the COB is held available free of charge to any person who so requests at the Head Office of Générale Location and can be consulted at: www.generale -location.fr as well as on the SOPHIE website of the COB (www.cob.fr).
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581