The company was founded in 1978 by Mr Olivier GINON, the current Chairman. GL events' development has been characterised by its dynamism and capacity to integrate new activities, new teams, and hence new talents.
The Group's organisational structure is based on human-scale profit centres.
GL events attaches great importance to respecting the culture of the companies it acquires and constantly strives to preserve the specific characteristics of each business while fostering Group synergies. Through this network organisation, the company has all the resources and methods of a large group, while retaining human-scale business units providing customer proximity through an international network driven by the same customer-service philosophy.
As a socially-responsible company, the Group has been committed to promoting diversity for many years. The professional integration of disabled persons is one of the key priorities of this policy. The subject of disability is integrated into daily work practices, reflecting the company's values and culture.
Present on 5 continents, with 90 offices or venues in 19 countries (including 77 in France), GL events is an integrated Group operating in the three main events markets: congresses and conventions; sporting, cultural and political events; fairs and/exhibitions aimed at trade professionals or the general public.
Today, the Group employs 3,976 employees, including 2,350 in France, who contribute to managing 40 event venues and organising more than 4,000 events around the world, including 300 proprietary fairs.
The Group is organised around three main business divisions:
• GL events Live groups together all professional services for corporate, institutional and sporting events, from consulting and design to production and implementation.
• GL events Exhibitions manages and produces 300 proprietary fairs. Its portfolio of events covers a wide range of sectors: food, textiles, books, etc.
• GL events Venues manages a network of 40 event venues (Convention Centres, Exhibition Parks, Concert Halls and Multi-purpose venues) based in major cities in France and around the world.
The Group works across a broad range of professions, markets and geographical locations driven by a common philosophy of high-quality customer service. This implies close cooperation between different professions, and requires commitment and autonomy from each employee.
The 8 main professional families (representing 76% of the total staff) are:
- Sales professions (21%),
- Project coordination (12%),
- Technical services (12%),
- Logistics and transport (9%),
- Manufacturing (7%),
- Design and creation (5%),
- Finance and accounting (5%),
- Technical event operations (4%).
Would you like to join GL events ?