As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
Sales target of €700mn for 2008
|The prospectus that includes the French registration document (document de référence) filed with the French financial market authority (AMF) on 29 april 2005 under number, the updated registration document filed on 4 november 2005 under number D.05-591.A02 and the memorandum (note d'opération) filed on 4 november 2005 under number 05-749 may be consulted at the web sites of the AMF (www.amf-france.org) and GL events (www.gl-events.com) and copies may be obtained on request at no cost from GL events-- Route d'Irigny ZI Nord BP 40 69530 Lyon Brignais France|
GL events, a major player in European event communications, announces an equity issue of €35.7mn. This issue will provide financing to accelerate the group's strategic and commercial development.
CAPITAL INCREASE OF €35.7MN M€
GL events will issue 1.529.216 shares at a subscription price of €23.40 per share. While the issue does not provide for preferential subscription rights, shareholders benefit from preemptive rights to subscribe for shares between 7 November and 15 November on the basis of one new share for every nine shares held.
Polygone SA, majority shareholder of GL events, with 56.81% of the capital and 65.74% of the voting rights, has indicated its intention to exercise its subscription rights to this equity issue up to €17mn.
AN AMBITIOUS GROWTH PLAN FOR 2008
This capital increase will provide GL events with resources for its ambitious plan of expansion with targets for 2008 of:
- consolidated sales of €700mn (vs. guidance of €422mn for 2005)
- sales of €350mn in its strategic Venue and Event Management business (guidance of €149mn in 2005)
- sales of €350mn from international operations (guidance of €123mn for 2005).
The group will pursue three major avenues of growth:
- For event organization, upstream in the service range, GL events' goal is to become the leading provider in France outside the Paris region, by notably adding event specialists and creating/duplicating proprietary events.
- In Venue Management, GL events intends to expand its European network that already includes 14 sites. The group's offering provides professional solutions to local governments to optimise their venues both in France and in other countries. GL events proposes in this way to leverage its unique position in this multi-local market by responding to calls for tender and privatisation bids and acquiring companies holding venue operating concessions.
- Pursuing the implementation of the group's synergies to be better adapted to marketing an integrated offering, managing projects covering the entire event industry chain and clearly establish the group's position as a major partner in the world of event communications.
CONTINUED EXPANSION OF VENUE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT: STAKE INCREASED IN SEPEL AND ACQUISITION OF KOBE
Following the addition of venues in Padua, Budapest and Vannes since the beginning of 2005, after increasing its stake in SEPEL, the group now holds 25% of the capital of EUREXPO.
EUREXPO operates the Lyon Convention and Exhibition Centre, among Europe's top 20 venues. SEPEL has sales of €15mn to €28mn according to its biannual schedule of trade shows.
GL events also announces the acquisition of KOBE, specialized in meetings and conventions in the medical sector, organizing 20 events per year with estimated sales for 2006 of approximately €4mn and an operating margin of more than 15%.
Olivier Ginon, GL events Chairman remarked: "This capital increase represents an excellent opportunity for GL events to successfully achieve its ambitious three-year growth plan. The event communications sector offers significant prospects for growth and in the months and years ahead interesting opportunities can be expected. GL events' goal is to take full advantage of this potential through continued investments. Accelerating the transformation of the group into a global event communications provider through sustained growth by the Venue and Event Management should significantly contribute to ROCE within three years."
Upcoming events: :
Publication of 2005 sales, 7 February 2006
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581