As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
Future growth to focus on the Groups’ strategic foundations
RIO DE JANEIRO'S ARENA - A UNIQUE FACILITY
GL events was awarded by the city of Rio de Janeiro a 9-year concession for the management and commercialisation of this multipurpose indoor facility for major sporting events and large concerts with a capacity for 15,000.
Built in 2007 to host competitions of the Pan-American Games, the Arena represents a highly attractive venue:
- As the only facility of its kind in South America for national and international events, and particularly for hosting tours of major artistic performances;
- Ideally located in the heart of city's increasingly important economic and real estate district of the Barra da Tijuca located near major sports facilities such as the Nelson Piquet automobile racetrack, the cycling track and the Aquatic Centre;
- With state-of-the-art technical facilities in line with those of the best international performance venues.
This new venue further strengthens both the Group's worldwide portfolio of exhibition and convention centres and concert halls managed by the Group and its presence in Rio de Janeiro. The Arena's development will be supported by the commercial, operational and administrative teams of Riocentro, the city's Exhibition and Convention Centre for which the Group holds a concession until 2056.
Arena will be consolidated in November and, under the terms of the agreement with the city, the Group will invest €1 million in the facility. The 9-year concession should generate revenue for GL events of between €5 million and €6 million per year including from Services.
The group will develop on this venue a "naming right" policy which will contribute to highlight the site as well as increase the revenues.
The new venue has been inaugurated on 1 December by a fully sold-out performance of Roberto Carlos in partnership with TV GLOBO.
FUTURE EXPANSION TO FOCUS ON THE GROUPS' STRATEGIC FOUNDATIONS
In line with the Group's plan and development strategy based on:
- Event organization, focusing on "trade fairs for professionals and the general public" that resulted in the creation of 32 events in 2007,
- Venue and management with the addition of seven new sites this year (Curitiba, Brussel, Turin, Roanne, Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild, Nice, Metz),
- Services for events, providing and increasing contribution to global events (World Cup of Cricket, World Rugby Cup..),
GL events has undertaken measures to refocus its business mix on its strategic activities.
To this purpose, it has begun a process of divestiture involving, on the one hand, the fittings and fixtures activity and, on the other hand, the business specialized in organizing medical conventions managed by Europa. This latter company will however continue to contribute to the Group as a provider of services and venues for events.
These two operations are expected to be finalized soon and will not have an impact on the short and medium-term objectives announced by the Group.
2007 fourth-quarter sales, Tuesday 5 February 2008
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20