As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
During the course of the Summer and then the Fall of 1999, Générale Location, a company listed on the Second Marché at the Paris Bourse, within the framework of its industrial strategy, took a major stake in the capital of Paris expo, a company also listed on the Second Marché at the Paris Bourse.
Générale Location is to this day the first shareholder of Paris expo, with a 23.5 percent stake of its capital.
Pursuant to the principles regulating the relations between the grantor and the grantee of the exhibition center of the Porte de Versailles in Paris and with the wish clearly expressed to consult tightly with the City of Paris, the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris and the other major shareholders of Paris expo, Générale Location on Monday the 13th of December has lodged a counter take-over bid with the CMF (Comité des Marchés Financiers) and the COB (Commission des Opérations de Bourse).
This offer proposes to the Paris expo shareholders to buy their shares against a payment in cash and in share of Générale location in the following conditions:
- 55 Euros in cash and a Générale Location share yet to be issued (i.e. 51.50 Euros, based on the latest price of the share of Générale Location quoted December 9th, 1999) for one share of Paris expo
- which comes to a total value of 106.50 Euros for one share of Paris expo
The proposed value can be appreciated by the shareholders of Paris expo with the following elements kept in mind:
- the latest price quoted of the share of Paris expo, before its suspension on the 8th of November, 1999, was 58 Euros;
- the take-over bid with partial payment with shares of Générale Location is equal to an 33% increase compared to the modified take-over bid proposed by the company Unibail set at 80 Euros.
For Paris expo, the ambition behind the project is as follows:
- engage into a commercial strategy and an aggressive marketing approach with the objective clearly expressed to be the first place among the large international exhibition centers.
- adopt the investment program in unison with the expectations of show and event organizers in an environment of lively competition on prices and services offered in Europe.
- develop powerful synergies with the other exhibition centers of Paris and the sites managed by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Paris while guaranteeing to the organizers the freedom of choice for their service providers.
Générale Location reserves the right to renounce to pursue this Take-Over Bid with the partial payment in shares, if the number of shares presented in response to the bid fails to confer on Générale Location 40 percent of the shares of Paris expo (including the 23.5 percent of shares already held).
The operation thus initiated should be beneficial in term of net profit per share for Générale Location at the start of the fiscal year 2000 and before the impact of the synergies due to the partnership of the two companies is taken into account.
By becoming shareholder of Générale Location, the shareholder of Paris expo has the opportunity to remain an investor in a listed company which has the vocation to reinforce itself in the field of the management of exhibition centers and sites for events in Paris, in France and worldwide.
Today Générale Location brings its expertise capital and its solutions to more than 400 major shows in France and in the world. Générale Location is the designated partner at major sport, economic, cultural, political and social events in Paris, Sydney, Hong Kong, Dubai, Lisbon, Madrid.
Générale Location is already present in the field of exhibition sites management in Paris (Espace Eiffel Branly), in Lyon (Palais des Congrés), Clermont Ferrand (Polydome), Saint-Etienne (Centre des Congrés Fauriel).
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581