As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
CAN 2012: a new challenge for GL events!
The 2012 Africa Cup of Nations (CAN) is being jointly organised by Gabon and Equatorial Guinea from 21 January to 12 February 2012.
For this event, GL events was awarded a large range of overlay services in the 2 stadiums in Gabon, in Libreville and Franceville, including:
- Interior fittings
- Primary and secondary power distribution
- Indoor and outdoor lighting
- Power generators
- Audiovisuals (sound, light, simultaneous interpreting)
- New technologies, internet distribution
- IT equipment and televisions
- Safety barriers and barriers in cities
- Lavatories, plumbing, and water supply service
- Press stands
- Camera platforms
- Special works
- Signage (orientation, roads, bunting, etc.)
- Containers for storage, offices and refrigeration
In total, 125 maritime containers were shipped from France, South Africa, Dubai, as well as Italy and England.
In addition to the delivery of the Overlays, the Group's mission also involved intellectual services such as support for the organisational process, ticketing and accreditation expertise and the Volunteer programme.
GL events also won 2 contracts, one with with each of the Organising Committees, for the Opening Ceremony in the Bata Stadium in Equatorial Guinea and for the Closing Ceremony in the Stade d'Angondjé in the Gabonese capital of Libreville.
The Africa Cup of Nations 2012 is the 28th CAN, a competition organised by the Confederation of African Football and brings together the best men's teams in Africa.