As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
To provide increased visibility given the volatility of financial markets, GL events has decided to publish its third-quarter sales in advance.
|NET SALES (€ millions)||2008||2007||change %|
|CA First half||293,9||333,9||-12,0%|
Expanding 1.7% in the third quarter and following a decline in the 2008 first half resulting from the disposal of assets, the Group registered renewed growth in line with expectations. This performance was achieved after particularly robust gains in the first nine months of 2007 (23.6%). Venue Management and Event Organisation contributed to 53% of consolidated sales of the first nine months.
VENUE MANAGEMENT AND EVENT ORGANISATION
- Third-quarter sales: €60.6 million up 30.3%,
- Nine-month sales: €219.6 million on marginal growth.
- Third-quarter business highlights: Orhopa in Paris, BNV in Budapest, Flormart in Padua...
- Satisfactory frequency of trade shows organised by the Group in line with forecasts.
- Recurrent revenue from Venue Management in a challenging environment: organic growth of 3% over nine months.
- The successful integration of Agor (Tradexpo, Foods&Goods, Orhopa, CFIA and Print'or trade fairs), Expo Indus (Industrie Paris and Industrie Lyon, SCS Automation & Control Paris & Lyon, RF & Hyper and the Forum de l'Electronique trade shows) and Promotor International (trade shows including notably Bologna Motor Show, My Special Car, Salone del Vino, Expocasa and ownership of the Turin exhibition park).
- Third-quarter sales: €56.5 million (-7.6% at constant structure).
- Nine-month sales: 191.4%. Unfavourable comparison base resulting from large projects in 2007 stabilised.
- Partner to several major events including notably the trade fairs Maison & Objets, the Prêt à Porter Paris®, Zaragoza International Exhibition and the 180 year anniversary celebration for the prestigious House of Guerlain.
2008 FULL-YEAR GUIDANCE CONFIRMED
- Fourth-quarter business highlights: implementation of the contract signed under the French presidency of the European Union (for six months, organisation of 60 events for revenue of approximately €8 million), Pollutec (hosted in Lyon), Piscine (a leading worldwide trade fair organised by the Group and hosted in Lyon), Equita Lyon (equestrian trade fair, international jumping championship and cabaret), Bologna Motor Show (organised by the Group in Bologna), the BNP Paribas Tennis Masters in Paris Bercy, the MIPIM, the global real estate trade show in Cannes...
- Improved growth in the fourth quarter.
- Robust sales in the 2009 first half.
2008 fourth-quarter sales: 02 February 2009 (after the close of trading)
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20