As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
|Net sales (€ millions)||2007||2006||Change|
|First quarter||177,4||126,4||+ 40,4%|
|Second quarter||156,5||125,5||+ 24,7%|
|Third quarter||115,1||89,5||+ 28,6%|
|Fourth quarter||184,5||154,3||+ 19,5%|
|Consolidated annual sales||633,5||495,7||+ 27,8%|
In the 2007 fourth quarter, GL events had consolidated net sales of €184.5 million, up 19.5% over the equivalent prior-year period.
Following this solid fourth quarter performance, GL events had full-year sales of €633.5 million, up 27.8% from 2006 (16.2% at comparable structure and exchange rates). After growing 58.3%, international operations now account for 41% of total Group revenue.
VENUE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT: ORGANIC GROWTH OF 58% IN 2007
€314.9 million or 49.7% of 2007 sales, up 58%
(+22.3% at comparable structure and exchange rates)
In the fourth quarter, this division had sales of €96.5 million, a 60.7% increase.
For the full year, Venue Management posted sales of €164.7 million (+55.5%), significantly accelerating its expansion in France with the addition of:
- The Nice Exhibition Park and convention centre (10-year concession);
- The Scarabée hall of Roanne (a multipurpose venue with a capacity of 5,500 places);
- The Metz Exhibition Park (30-year concession);
- And the Hôtel Salomon de Rothschild in Paris (hosting events for up to 1,300 people).
In international markets the Group was awarded a number of concessions for:
- The management of the Brussels Convention Centre, (27-years);
- The Rio de Janeiro Arena (a multipurpose facility with a capacity for 15,000);
- The Curitiba Convention Centre in Brazil (capacity for 5,000);
- And acquired the Turin Exhibition Park, Lingotto Fiere, (total exhibition space of 74.000m²).
Today the Group owns or manages 25 convention centres, exhibition parks or multipurpose facilities with total exhibition space of more than one million m² worldwide. This portfolio provides high visibility for growth and recurring sales.
In 2007, Event Organization contributed sales of €150.2 million (+60.8%) and was strengthened:
- In France by the acquisition of Agor, an organizer of B-to-B trade fairs such as Tradexpo (a distribution sector trade show with 3 editions per year), Print'Or and Orhopa (watch and jewellery trade fairs), the CFIA (food industry supplier trade show held in Rennes) and Food & Goods (grouping five specialized food exhibitions);
- In Italy, a strategic market in Europe, the acquisition of Promotor International (organizer of 10 trade fairs including notably the MotorShow in Bologna),
- In Brazil, a market with high growth, the acquisition of Fagga Eventos. Following these additions, GL events today has a portfolio of more than 200 proprietary events and trade fairs for the general public.
EVENT SERVICES : ORGANIC GROWTH OF 10.7%
€318.6 million or 50.3% of total 2007 sales, up 7.5%
(+10.7% at comparable structure and exchange rates)
Positioned as a partner for all types of events, the Services division contributed to a large number of local, national (by developing synergies with the Venue Management and event organization activities) and worldwide events (Rugby World Cup, World Cricket Cup, Pan American Games). GL events' unique market position combines the benefits of recurrent business from local events with the high visibility offered by very large contracts.
In line with its business model and growth priorities, GL events must continue to take advantage of opportunities offered by calls for tender and/or privatization bids to develop its network of venues.
With a solid and healthy financial position, the Group expects concrete advances in the months ahead in development projects in the Organization sector.
The coming year should also provide the Group with an opportunity to accelerate its strategy of duplicating proprietary events in its network of venues under management both in France and in international markets.
Publication of audited 2007 consolidated financial statements, Tuesday 11 March 2008 (after the close of trading)
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20