As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
|Net sales (€ millions)||2007||2006||Change|
In the 2007 first half GL events sales rose 32.6% over the equivalent prior year period to €333.9 million. At comparable structure and exchange rates sales grew 28.5%.
The second quarter was marked by significant advances including:
- Robust sales growth: +24.7% (+21.6% at constant structure and exchange rates);
- Strategic developments: GL events' acquisition in Italy of Promotor International, the owner and organizer of successful trade fairs and Lingotto Fiere, the Turin Exhibition Park. In Brazil, GL events was awarded the contract to manage the Curitiba Convention Centre. In France, the Group recently announced the acquisition of Emap Agor, a French subsidiary of the UK group Emap, an owner and organizer of B-to-B trade fairs.
VENUE AND EVENT MANAGEMENT: ORGANIC GROWTH OF 42.2%
€171.9 million, up 53.5% or 42.2% at constant structure and exchange rates
51,5% of total sales (44.5% in the 2006 first half)
Venue and event management benefited from:
- Excellent commercial performances by French and international event venues, now providing a more competitive offering in the worldwide event industry;
- Concessions acquired for the Metz Exhibition Centre and the Nice Convention Centre and the consolidation of the Lyon-Eurexpo Exhibition Centre,
- Positive growth trends by the organization business. Events organized by the Group have included notably the Bahia Book Biennial in Brazil, the Fiera Campionaria International Trade Far of Padua, the BioMérieux Convention in Lyon and the 50th anniversary of Canon Europe and 2007 EuroPCR in Barcelona.
The recently added venues of the Turin Exhibition Park, the Brussels Palais des Congrès, the multifunctional hall of Roanne and the Curitiba Convention Centre will increase the total exhibition space operated by the Group by more than 13% or 110,000 m².
SERVICES: ORGANIC GROWTH OF 16.5%
€162.0 million, up 15.8% (16.5% at constant structure and exchange rates)
48.5% of total sales (55.5% in the 2006 first half)
Benefiting from a reputation of expertise, a strong brand name and a portfolio of premium assets, the Services division leverages commercial synergies with venues under management and organization specialist to pursue strong growth.
GL events teams participated notably in the first half in the success of the ICC World Cup of Cricket in the British West Indies by providing complex logistical services and installations in nine islands. GL events also contributed as a partner to the Cannes International Film Festival, providing all temporary event installations including notably a temporary screening theatre for the festival's 60th anniversary.
In the second half, GL events' agenda is dominated by sports including the Pan American Games recently inaugurated in Rio Janeiro, with part of the events currently held at the Riocentro Exhibition Centre managed by GL events. After completing its program for renovation and installations, the venue now hosts more than 5,000 athletes coming from 42 countries of the American continent.
GL events will also be present at the next Rugby World Cup and Tests Events in Hong-Kong for the 2008 Beijing Olympic Games.
In light of these positive commercial performances, the successful integration of new organization companies and venues and the continuing improvement of its product mix, GL events remains confident in its prospects for further gains in margins with a target for annual sales growth of 25% for 2007.
2007 first-half earnings: 11 September 2007 (after the close of trading)
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581
Erick Rostagnat - Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration:
Tel : +33(0)4 72 31 54 20