As an integrated Group operating in all event professions, GL events works in three major segments:
event organisation, event venue management and services for fairs, congresses and events.
© Odile Decq architect / Felice Varini – Altitude 150
|Consolidated sales (millions of euros)||2004||2003||Change|
In the first quarter, GL events had sales of €85.4 million, up 5.3% (+4% at constant structure and exchange rates). In line with forecasts, strong performances by Global Services and Venue and Event Management largely offset the decline of the technical business of fittings currently being repositioned.
Global services for trade shows, exhibitions and events
+6% (6.7% at constant structure and exchange rates)
€48 million or 56.2% of total sales
- the first quarter showed a good level of activity and confirmed the significant contribution of recurrent business in this sector, particularly from trade shows and exhibitions. The major share of revenue from the Athens Olympic Games and the Barcelona Forum of Cultures (representing a total amount of approximately €27 million to €30 million) will be registered in the second and third quarters of 2004.
Venue and event management:
+168% (+122% at constant structure and no currency effect)
€17 million or 19.8% of total sales
- Excluding the basis effect caused by the 'Foire de Toulouse' held in March 2004 compared with April 2003, this division would have registered 78% growth at a constant structure basis.
- The two new sites of Clermont Ferrand (Exhibition Center and Zenith concert hall) got off to an excellent start in early 2004 as did the business devoted to the organization of medical conventions which has shown very satisfactory growth.
- The Barcelona International Convention Center is now ready to host the Forum of Cultures which will open on 9 May 2004.
Fittings systems and services:
-30.6% (no change in structure and currency effects)
€20.4 million or 24% of total sales
- the 2003 first quarter was adversely affected by an unfavorable basis effect reflecting the impact of recurrent revenue of €3.5 million from an event held in the second quarter compared with March in the prior year and the high level of activity of the first quarter in the fitting business.
- As announced, the Group has refocused its fittings to provide services to companies.
- aluminum structure manufacture and long-term leasing and the sale of modular systems have maintained their very satisfactory growth momentum.
Next publication date: 2004 first-half sales: 27 July 2004 (after close of trading)
GL events, bringing people together
Managing Director Corporate Finances and Administration : Erick ROSTAGNAT
Telephone : + 33 4 72 31 54 20
Fax : + 33 4 26 20 42 00
Email : email@example.com
Code ISIN : FR0000066672
Code Bloomberg : GLO FP
Code Reuter : GLTN.PA
Code FTSE : 581